Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers
Our extensive range of Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers provide compact thermally efficient solutions to your heat transfer requirements. The main advantage of a gasketed plate heat exchanger is that it is possible to open up the inside components for cleaning and maintenance purposes. It also allows extra plates to be added should your process conditions change.
The Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers are manufactured in our UK factory from stock components, which means that we can normally deliver fully assembled and tested units extremely quickly.
What do they do?
Plate Heat Exchangers transfer heat energy from one side to another without the two products on either side mixing. So you can install them between the boiler and process circuit for example to separate the two circuits. Plate heat exchangers are a very popular choice mainly due to the compact size and high efficiency design that they offer.
The list of advantages of plate type heat exchangers are lengthy and the list of applications are endless. See below.
- Compact design
- High thermal efficiency
- De-mountable for cleaning and maintenance
- Can have additional heat transfer plates added if required
- Suitable for hygienic and industrial applications
- Suitable for use with steam
We supply Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers for many industries, including:
- Boiler separation plates
- Heat pump installations
- Industrial process liquid heating and cooling
- Chemical heating and cooling, either in-line or on a batch process
- Heating, Ventilating & Air Conditioning
- Marine - (Titanium Plates) for uses such as main engine cooling, oil cooling, intercoolers and deck wash water heating
- Food & Dairy - Specialists in milk pasteurising, raw milk cooling, non viscous food products and CIP wash water heating
- Brewing - Wort cooling, beer/lager/cider conditioning
- Pharmaceutical - Hygienic water heating / cooling
Material Options are as follows:
- Standard Plates: 304 & 316 Stainless Steel / Titanium / Hastelloy
- Gaskets: Nitrile / EPDM / Viton - All gaskets are clip-on type
- Connections: BSP threaded / Flanged / Hygienic (RJT, Tri-Clamp etc.)
- Painted steel for non hygienic applications
- Stainless steel for hygienic and corrosive applications
- Huge range of spare parts available in stock at our UK works.
- We can supply parts on their own or fitted as part of a service.
All our Gasketed Plate Heat Exchangers can be supplied with insulation jackets to reduce heat loss or to protect against scalding. The jackets can be quickly and easily removed to allow servicing of the heat exchanger. Jackets can easily be retro-fitted onto existing units. We can also supply jackets for exchangers manufactured by other companies.