Heat Recovery Units
What do they do?:
Our Heat Recovery Units (HRU's) are an extremely effective and low-cost way of reducing the heating or cooling loads on the treatment of process air and air conditioning systems.
A reduced heating or cooling load means lower energy bills and reduced carbon emissions.
HRU's use the exhaust air to pre-heat or pre-cool the incoming supply air, without the two air streams ever mixing.
A HRU has no moving parts and uses no energy itself. Payback periods are usually very quick.
- Pre-heating/cooling of incoming air for air-conditioning units using exhaust warm/cool air.
- De-humidification of air streams.
- Electrical equipment cooling.
- Drying rooms / kilns heat recycle.
- Oven Heat Recovery.
- Combustion Air Pre-heating.
- Catalytic Oxidisers.
- Process air cooling.
- Indirect process air heaters.
- Thermal oxidisers.
- Spray Dryers
As an option, we can supply the heat exchanger cores on their own for others to fit within their own enclosures - see air to air heat exchangers.
Energy recovery typically 50 - 85%, depending upon operating conditions.
- Drain sump and drain connections for condensate collection and removal
- Removable cover for access to clean, remove or inspect heat exchanger
- Adjustable slide rails to fix heat exchanger in place and aid removal
- Square or round spigot connections with various dimensions for connection to duct work
- Durable and sturdy build quality, suitable for external mounting
- Sealed joints to prevent crossover of air streams
- Horizontal / Vertical mounting options available
- Mild Steel - Suitable for internal mounting only
- Galvanised Steel - Standard material, Suitable for external mounting
- Stainless Steel - Suitable for corrosive environments
- Non silicone seal and gasket - Suitable for air temperatures up to 90°C
- Silicone seal and gasket - Suitable for air temperatures up to 200°C
- Brass compression pipe connections or Steel threaded connections.
- Additional filter boxes and bypass dampers are available for the above.